Michael Thompson Photography (MTPhoto) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
MTPhoto will only use personal or business information you have supplied so we can fulfill our regulatory obligations, keep you informed on relevant products and services, maintain our business processes as it relates to you, perform financial transactions and provide better customer service.
We use this information in ways that it is necessary for us to conduct business with you and includes website maintenance, customer support, product management and promotion.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties.
Typically, MTPhoto gathers Personal information:
- Personally from you via telephone and email
- Via our website www.mtphoto.com.au
- From 3rd Parties (Partner Clubs and Schools)
Disclosure of Personal Information
Individual images will only be supplied to the parents or guardians of the student unless written consent has been provided by the club or school. Group images will only be supplied to the parents or guardians of students appearing in the photo (or would, but for absence, have appeared in the group photo) unless written consent has been provided by the club or school.
MTPhoto will not disclose any information or images to a third party unless required for an approved purpose and requested by the Club, School or Parent/ Guardian
We may use or disclose personal information or images without consent where:
- it is for a reasonable expected purpose related to the purposes for collecting the information or image in accordance with this policy
- we reasonably believe that it is necessary to assist an enforcement body to perform its functions
- we suspect that an unlawful activity has been, is being, or may be engaged in and the personal information or image is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- we are authorised or required by law to do so (e.g. where the information or image is required by bodies regulating us or in response to subpoenas or warrants)
Storage of personal Information
All information and images are stored securely and any electronic material is protected by firewall security. All information and images that are no longer required are disposed of in a secure manner to protect the privacy of our customers.
We do not collect or retain credit card details.
- Card details for over the phone transactions are entered directly to EFTPOS machines for the purpose of processing the transaction.
- Card details for photos ordered online are processed securely by PayPal and are not provided to MTPhoto in any format.
- Card payments made on Photo day are processed via EFTPOS (including tap and go)
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
MTPhoto web pages may contain links to other sites. MTPhoto assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. MTPhoto encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites; their privacy practices may differ from ours.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
PO Box 349
Erindale ACT 2903
0422 263 114
0409 610 566